Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

REGROUPING Reread my blog and have been doing some really hard thinking. These past 10 months have been really amazing. Looked at my ups and downs, I have been thinking over what I have been through since I have had WLS. My life has changed so much and it is all for the good. I am so happy that I have this record as it helps me to remember why I had WLS surgery in the first place. I don't want to be sick again, dying again. I like being alive. I must do what I have to do so I can do all the things in life that I want to still do. Printed out what I have written. I think I will make a scrapbook kind of thing. Something I can hold in my hands and look through when I feel depressed and when I am falling off track. I need to gather all my morbidly obese pictures and put them in this journal/scrapbook. I need something to remind me of how it was before WLS. How quickly I have forgotten how life was then. I have become complacent and this has got to stop.
I have found a pstchologist who will see me on Thursday. I need to work things out with her. I need to sort out all this junk in my mind. I am going to win this time.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    So glad you've found a therapist Meliss! Hope that this goes well for you. Losing so much weight so quickly has gotta mess with your head a lot. Leaving home messes too. You're going through a lot personally right now, and sometimes it's just good to talk to someone on the outside about it. I'll be thinking of you, hoping that good things come to you from this.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Nanci said…

    I just love you, Meliss. You are so much stronger than you know. One of the things that I really admire about you is that you are very adult and realistic. You face your responsibilitiess with great courage and conviction. No matter how difficult they are. No wonder you have been so successful with your weight loss!

    Any time I start feeling sorry for myself, you have been there to give me a swift kick in the butt and to tell my spoiled inner child to "grow up." And as much as that child hates it... the adult in me appreciates every strong word.

    I am glad you have had the courage to go to see a therapist. It's a difficult step to take, but so much changes when we lose weight. I know for me personally, seeing a therapist has really helped me a lot.

    God Bless,

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Melissa, that is what I am doing, the therapy thing. While I am getting ready for the surgery, I am trying to get a hold of this head thing and maybe it will help me to move forward. Maybe once you get used to San Antonio, you will do better. The thing is that while San Antonio is a good place to live, it compares poorly to where you came from. I'm thinking about you.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Danyele said…

    You are ABSOLUTELY going to win this time Meliss. Hope that your sessions are going well and that you'll stop in and let us all know how you're doing. Big big hugs.. D

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Danyele said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Danyele said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home