Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Monday, August 28, 2006

8 months 3 weeks Post Op Unbelievable how time has gone by. I couldn't wait to get back from the gym today just so I coud blog away. It felt so good returning to the gym after being away for over 3 weeks. Did water aeorbics today, the water felt great and relaxing. Walked couple of laps and then got into the aerobics class. Afterwards went to Lowe's and walked up and down the aisles. Bought a small table so I have something to do my crafts on and two lamps that was on sale. I just feel so upbeat today................well this great feeling started first thing this morning. I put on my bathing suit and it was so baggy and big, the straps literally fell of my shoulders. There was no way I could wear it to the gym pool. I was so giddy with amazement, showed my husband what I looked like in the saggy baggy oversized bathing suit, I needed a witness to this momentous occassion!
So of course when I got to the gym locker room the first thing I did was get on the scale. I had to get off and get on several times, cause I was sure as hell it wasn't me being weighed.
Day of WLS 12/02/05 : 349.7 pounds
Today 08/28/06 : 227 pounds
Goodbye forever : 122.7 pounds
I didn't gain weight these past 3 weeks !!!!!!! I lost weight. Can't believe it. Except I did do alot of walking around and I never could seem to keep still chasing after my 5 grandkids.
Got to stay on track. I hear you Sarge Kim, this does not give me the okay to go out and buy any pretzels. I have cut down to one fruit a day but I have to go to at least 2 cause I am getting constipated even if I sip alot of water. Fruit is my savior. I think it was all those pretzels that affected my blood sugar, that and the jumba juice and the mocha frapaccino's with whip cream. Nevah confess about them, yeah, I know, bad girl. Was so hot in Vegas I started sipping my daughter in laws and next thing I knew I was ordering my own. It was not only my fruit which I have lived on basically since surgery that caused my blood sugar to soar. I got to own up to my having made bad choices in order to be a success on this WLS journey.
Depressed? Hell no. In fact I'm going to go to the mall and walk around and look at clothes that I'll be able to wear in the near future. I can't remember when I last weighed 227 pounds. I just want to shout out to the world...............look at me!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    MELISS! Look at you Lady!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

    :wub:
    Kaye

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Danyele said…

    Meliss - I'm so happy to see you blogging again - I've missed you! Yours was one of the first WLS blogs that I read when I first started my approval process and now I've got my own date. I'm SO excited! And I've got wonderful people like you to thank for much inspiration. Big congrats to you on all of that weight lost - 123 lbs so far - how fantastic is that?!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger SignGurl said…

    You are an inspiration!!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jessica6903 said…

    Wow! 227 is great. You are my inspiration to get back to the gym, too! I've taken a 3 week break, too. But, like you, I'm not giving up!! Take care and I'm glad you're back posting again.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to drop those pounds

     

Post a Comment

<< Home