Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Saturday, June 10, 2006

26 Weeks PostOp

Got up early this morning and went to Walmart to buy me a scale. I need to badly weigh myself cause I been in major trouble, nibbling here and nibbling there and telling myself with all this walking I should be fine. Ultimate taste testing this and that, just a little nibble, won't hurt.

Well I didn't gain. Thank goodness. And I know inch wise I went down cause my clothes are so loose. Las Vegas and it's buffets is a bad place to be. Tasting things on my hubby's plate is bad.
I know better, and for the next 3 days I am here I will discipline myself, no tasting nothing.

Date of surgery 12/02/05 : 349.7 pounds
Today's date 06/10/06 : 260 pounds
Goodbye Forever : 89.7 pounds

My daughter inlaw, Tonia, took me for a pedi/manicure this morning. Talk about feeling like a Queen this morning. I can definitely get used to all this. I like being pampered. Now I have an excuse for grandma not to do the dishes. Smile. With so many in the house we have resorted to paper plates and plastic utensils, but there is always the pots and pans!

I am anxious to get to San Antonio, just want to settle in and put my stuff around and make things homey. I want to plant some flowers. My oldest son ordered a cal/king temperpedic (spelling?) bed to be delivered next week as a present to my husband and I. I won't know how to act on such a bed, I'll feel truly like a queen. I checked them out at a furniture store and could not believe how it feels, I have a pillow of it, and accepted that was as great as it would get. So my son getting it for us is overwhelming. I'm just used to making do, I would have been okay sleeping in sleeping bags until we can afford a new bed.

I am truly happy, life is really different since WLS. I am able to do so much more than I could do before. I am feeling more confident in myself and just so happy to be breathing and alive.
I been smiling and greeting everyone that crosses my path, I can't help myself. They just don't know how grateful I am that I have this second chance at life. People take life so granted. Not me. I'm like the cat with nine lives, keep getting more chances to live, somehow I know that this time, is my last chance.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:54 AM, Blogger The Catapillar said…

    You are doing a great Job! Our surgery dates are so close I was done on the 21st of December.

    Welcome to TEXAS!

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Nanci said…

    You are going to LOVE the temperpedic bed! I bought myself a ComfortSelect bed a few years ago, and now I couldn't live without it. It's made a huge difference for me; I always woke up with backaches before. Now I sleep like a baby.

    What a nice gift for your son to have given you.

    Hope you're in San Antonio by now and getting settled. Living out of a suitcase is fun for a while, but there is nothing like being settled in your own home.

    Love you and miss you!!

     
  • At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoyed a lot! » »

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site! » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home