Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Saturday, May 20, 2006

23 Weeks Post Op

Date if surgery 12/02/05 : 349.7 pounds
Today 5/19/2006 : 264 pounds
Goodbye forever to : 85.7 pounds

I finally went to see my surgeon yesterday after putting it off since surgery. It was very nice to see him. I held his hand and thanked him profusely for giving me back my life. I am just so thankful to him and his skills. This surgery has truly saved my life. Dr. Balfour said that I was in very good health, he was very pleased with my progress. Stitches healed well, my liver has shrunk, it was swollen and all fatty pre surgery, my tummy is fine. We talked about my eating habits, the vitamins and proteins and exercise, which by my weight loss, he can tell I have been doing fine. No hernias, thank goodness with all the lifting I been doing trying to pack.
Blood pressure was great. I told him I stopped taking my blood pressure, cholestoral, and kidney pills. I stopped about a month and a half ago cause my blood tests were so good and I have no idea why my primary doctor wouldn't take me off them. He is absolutely clueless in regards to WLS and in fact because of me he is learning about it. He started talking to his other patients about WLS. Any way I just stopped takingg those meds, I know not too smart but I know my body and I know that I didn't need them. Well, the blood tests show I don't so, I not taking them.

As I say goodbye to more weight, I'll eventually get off insulin and that will be the greatest.

I haven't felt this healthy for over 20 years. I started getting sick when I was about 32-33, I was hyperthyroid and then became hypothyroid and the pounds started adding up. From there full blown insulin dependent diabetic, then added on the rest of the complications of diabetes. To watch my diseases reverse day by day is a wonder. This surgery is a miracle.

I am glad I chose life.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jessica6903 said…

    Glad to have you back online! I am so glad I have chosen life, too. It's amazing how much better I feel and I've only lost 25 lbs. You must feel great at an 85 lb loss!

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Roxanne said…

    How wonderful for you! Good luck on your upcoming move. I wish you all the best.

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    Glad you chose life too, sweet Meliss!

    xoxoxox
    K.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home