Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Friday, May 05, 2006

21 Weeks Post Op

Had no pounds to say goodbye to this week. I truly believe I am retaining water today. Haven't gained anything so that's a plus.
Emotionally I am doing better. Moved on in my mind, just doing what I got to do to take care of my butt bone. My sons have made so many jokes about it, that I am starting to find some humor in it, but it does hurt. It is fractured, will take about six weeks to see if any improvement if any and then we see from there if it will be a long range injury or not.
The support I received from LAWLS neighborhood has been so great. I am so blessed to have such a supportive loving group of friends. They helped me dry my tears and gave me hope that things will work out for the better, I just have to have faith.
I am guilty most of the times, thinking that I can handle things all alone, just forging ahead and placing on my plate numerous tasks, like super woman. Then I think I am in total control and I can do it all. Falling on my butt, crying these past few days, has forced me to realise that I can't do everything. First thing I did was ask God to help me with some of these tasks, I placed my burdens in his hands and told him I just can not do it all alone. Then decided what is important and what is not, prioritizing, cleaning my plate of what is not important, just stuff I put there, because.
I need a plan. A solid plan that I can follow. After reading Kim's more recent entry blog I agree that having a plan is very important. It would keep me focused. Instead of just walking around like a chicken without a head, I need a plan. So for the next couple days I will work on a plan.
I will not allow the old habits to creep back and keep me from reaching my goals. I will be a success in this life after WLS.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad that you are going to heal. Six weeks of rest, you need that. Your body has been doing a lot over the last few months, mostly rebuilding itself. Think of all the energy it takes to convert those fat cells to smaller fat cells. I know it is suppose to release energy but I am not so sure for the obese person it is true. It's time to rest. In a few weeks, you will be as good as new. Walk slowly, and get into that pool or into the ocean and let the water do its magic. You are my rock and I need you to be well. You know, that is so funnny telling you that you are my rock, since I collect rocks. HA. A little metaphorical humor. Take care, my good friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home