Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Back Injury
I hurt my back on 4/18 and have been handling it and telling myself that all is well. Carrying on even if I was in pain. Well got up this morning and told myself I need to get an xray done cause I still hurting. Had the xray and the technician told me that I fractured my tailbone. I am feeling really stressed and depressed right now and just want to cry. I have been feeling so well and things have been going so good. I don't need to be hurt right now. I know I should stop thinking of the worst and things may not be as bad as I think it will be but I can't help myself. I talk to the doctor tomorrow and see what can be done so I can heal. I have to get better there is so much I need to do to get ready for this move. I need to be well so I can take care of my husband.
Tomorrow I am going to go walking in the pool. According to an article I found on the net I need to do some exercise. If I have to walk in the pool all day to help my back heal I walking in that pool till I shrivel to a prune. I did not have this surgery to get hurt and have my life limited in any way. I just want to scream, cry and cry and cry. I just can not take this right now.
I'll go do some crafts, I will not go on an eating binge it will just make things worst. Positive, I got to stay positive. I will not give in to these emotions of despair. Tomorrow is another day and it will be a good day.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jessica6903 said…

    Oh Melissa, I've done that before and I know it hurts!! I fractured my tailbone 2 weeks before we went on vacation to Jamaica last May. I was in so much pain while on vacation, but refused to cancel my trip. I learned the hard way that it makes it WORSE to get into a hot tub. So, make sure the pool is normal temp! I hope you're feeling better soon.

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, the bad news is you broke your tail bone, the good news is that the possibility for nerve damage from that is almost impossible. It will heal and heal quickly, you just have to do what the doctor says. I know that any back injury is painful but it won't keep you down long. Just remember, don't over do it, let your body rest and heal, and by all means, do what the doctor says. I am thinking positive thoughts for you a quick recovery.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home