Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Sunday, April 09, 2006

TALKING STORY WITH ROSE

Rose had her WLS surgery in December 2004. One year before me. Was so nice to see whatis left of the old Rose (smile) she looks absolutely gorgeous, slimmer, new hairdo, and a healthy glow. We sat and talked about people treating us like we did something wrong for having this surgery. Rose's female boss needs to be popped one as she has lately been Rose's food cop and her comments are not nice but very curt and sassy. Her boss makes all kinds of comments about what she looks like and actually said that anytime now Rose going blow up again and stuff like that. Well, I told Rose I also ran into her boss who sarcastically asked me "so you when get the surgery hah?, how many pounds you when lose and what you eating what you supposed to? easy heh for lose weight? You can eat all you like and no gain nothing. So you eat potato chips and stuff?" and on and on. I was so appalled cause she was getting louder and louder and people was starting to stop and listen. Now the Boss is obese herself, so I like slap this witch, right, but I didn't though I really wanted to. Told her I was doing fine and was walking away from her as she was bombarding me with her remarks. Finally said look, I got to go okay, have a good day.

Rose and I talked about her boss. We have concluded that she is jealous and apparently very unhappy with her own life. So why take it out on us? Who knows. I feel sorry for Rose who has to deal with her everyday andbe polite cause she is her boss. I would not be able to bear it. I'ld be in jail today.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Nanci said…

    Re: "I'd be in jail today"...

    I SO agree. I don't know how your friend tolerates it. Probably just because she feels she has to.

    When I first started at my present job (5 years ago) I worked with a witch (that's being kind...) who always said rude things to everyone. Thank God she retired.

    People are SO rude though. I always try to ignore it or fend it off with humor, but truth is I sometimes feel like I just want to slap the ignorant bastards....

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Meliss,
    You know she is just projecting her own securities on to you. Some people belittle others to make themselves feel better.

    Next time use Kaye's comment about worrying about what her scale says not yours.

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rosie doesn't have to put up with that evil woman. What she is doing is harrassing your friend, and your friend can certainly put a stop to it. Tell Rosie to go to her boss' boss and if that doesn't work, there are numbers in place to protect workers from all sorts of harrasment. The next time you see her, don't listen, don't let that woman poison your day. People like that, and I have those kinds in my family, are vicious and are about sabatoging other folks success by saying things that cause old feelings to emerge. So, put an end to her before she stops and put your hand up and tell her to talk her trash elsewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home