Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Can't Believe It's March

Time sure passes by quickly. Thirteen weeks post op and thinking, life sure is better now. I have all this energy to do things I just could not do. Not being tired all the time is really a plus. Been focusing on the positives, it sure helps.
1) I can park in any stall and get out of the car without worrying if I going fit getting out and not scratching
the car parked next to me
2) I can sit in a plastic chair and almost not worry about it crumbling under me
3) It seems like I have a new wardrobe but I am really wearing clothes that hasn't fit me for a long time
4) I can walk around the neigborhood and not worry about being too tired to walk back home, used to call husband to come pick me up about two blocks away
5) I am eating healthier foods, grocery bill not as bad as before
6) My blood sugar A1C is 7.4, used to be in the 11-13 range just thirteen weeks ago
7) Blood pressure normal range, I was taking 3 pills which did nothing to improve it
8) Cholestral normal range, was taking pill for this also and it did nothing to improve it
9) Sleeping good at night
10) Primary care doctor said I am as healthy as can be and that if I did not have WLS, he had predicted that I had about 5 more years to live if I didn't have a stroke before then.

Soooooooooooooooo, smile right? Right. One day at a time. Thank God for LWLS and all of you WLS cheerleaders out there.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Kim S. said…

    Wow-wee, A1C at a 7.4 is a HUGE improvement. This is probably why you aren't tired anymore. Isn't it lovely? Now, when you're sleepy, it's because you are ACTUALLY tired and NOT because of what you just ate, right? Welcome to the world of "normal"! You're doing fantastic.
    Kim

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    the amazingly quick differences weight loss and WLS make surprise me every time. congratulations on all those wonderful improvements.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YES.. one day at a time! and i made a list a lot like yours too.. i laughed at #2 cos i had a fear of breaking chairs too. *hugs*

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Wow Melissa. Health vs. certain painful death. You've done a 180, my friend. You've turned your life around. Sometimes on the journey I forget how far I've come and how fast I got there. You helped remind me tonight.

    Thank you for speaking your truth. Your words move me.

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on such a big and fast weight loss. I am having the surgery in two weeks. I have a blog site for recording my progress, but I can't get back into it after my first two post. I use the exact same password. Go figure. But, you can check me out from time to time and maybe you and I can keep each other motivated. I, too, am a grandmother. My motivation for having this surgery is to live long enough to let my grandchildren grow up and for me to see them happy. I am only 51. I am also a teacher, and I know that in my profession, I am judged not because of what I know or what I can do, but because of how big my belly and butt are. Anyway, I hope you continue with such good success.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home