Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Friday, January 20, 2006

7 WEEKS POST OP

Unbelievable, today is 7 weeks post op. I feel so good. I feel so healthy. Weighed myself at the air cargo again, heh this scale is checked all the time certified so I get the real scoops on how much I weigh.

Day of surgery 12/02/05 : 349.7 pounds
Today 01/20/06 : 303 pounds
Total Loss : 47.7 pounds

Doing really good with vitamins/minerals and getting in at least 50 grams of protein with two shakes a day.
More protein from egg, chicken or fish daily. Still forget sometimes to sip, but since almost drowning myself by gulping down ice water I am sipping better.

Per my dietician I can start Soft Diet with Starch today:

1 oz. tender well cooked meats, tofu or cooked fish plus
1 oz. fruit canned in lite syrup or soft fleshed fruit w/out skin or l oz. soft vegetable cooked or canned plus
1 oz. starch examples: cooked potato, oatmeal, cream of wheat, cooked noodles, rice, 2 crackers,1/4 to 1/2
slice toast
Things are looking up.....................food wise. Though I kind of okay with what I eating already. I have a hard time swallowing beef as I picture it fermenting in my tummy, I have tried but I end up chewing it and then spitting it out. I have resorted to watering down my crystal lite tea and diet cranberry and low cal V8 splashes, cause now things just taste too sweet. I kind of scared to add starches into my diet, cause what if taste too good and can not stop. Maybe if I leave it to the last ounce, when I am already full from the other 2 oz. of stuff I can eat.

Handicap Toilet
I haven't gone anywhere yet where I needed to use a public toilet so this will definetly be an experience for me. I hated the regular sized toilet stalls which sometimes I was forced to use cause I couldn't hold it another second. I always had to practically climb on the toilet, manuever my stomach, just to close the toilet door. Then sometimes the toilet roll would be right against my hip so it was a task to get to it. Then of course I had to stand up to take care of business when done. Then it was backing up practically climbing on the toilet to get out of the stall. After hearing from some of you that I probably can use a regular stall now, that will be my mission on my next visit to the mall, check out the toilets. Geeeeeeeeeeeee. Maybe I should bring a witness to this event!

Life is defintely not boring after WLS. Smile. Heh, I find pleasure in being able to do such simple tasks now days.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Congratulations of the excellent progress. My surgeon says to eat the carbs the last ounce, to eat the protein first. I've not had much in the way of carbs--it just generates too many former cravings for me. So, I hope it goes well for you.

    Keep up the great work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home