Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Normal

So happy that I got quite a few comments on my last blog. Hearing comments of how even six years after surgery one's taste buds still evolve, is good to hear. Thought I was losing it, with these taste buds going wacky. I have now learned to buy one or two of something and wait to see if I can tolerate it a third time. I'm one of those that buy in bulk, well that doesn't work anymore or I'll end up with the cabinets or refrigerator full of stuff I can't stand to look at, let alone eat. I have been trying to explain to my husband that this is normal and have shared with him the comments posted on my blog.

You have all helped me from being certified "paranoid", "crazy" or "losing it" by my husband.

As for the loose skin, I not complaining about it, yet, just noting that they are defintely there. I may need to buy shares of Gold Bond powder. I rather have this skin, then the fat that made me so deathly ill. I had no boobs prior to getting fat, so I have returned to my prefat boob stage. I graduated from high school wearing training bras. So I should not be having issues about this. Right? Wrong. Now that I have had the opportunity to know what it is to have boobs, I think I going put some back later on down the line.

Heh, a miracle happened last week. I can actually sit on the toilet and wipe myself. You know not have to stand up and do like one Chinese acrobat to take care of business. There was times I almost pulled my arm out of socket. No act like you haven't been there, alright. Smile. Heh, I can get used to this "new/old" skill.

And Kim, I can wash under my feet now, not the step step on the washcloth deal. I can even shave my legs without having to take one breathing break. Quality of life, improving here!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I hear you, Melissa! I actually came to the realization this morning that I can finally, ahem, insert and remove a tampon without having to get off the toilet. One of those things you take for granted when you're skinny. Not that anyone _wants_ to do it!

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Kim S. said…

    You can wash your feet AND wipe your rear??? Terrific! They really ought to put that in the brochure for WLS.

    At my biggest, I actually BROKE the toilet seat at my dentists office trying to "take care of business". That had to be my lowest moment as an obese person...explaining to my dentist that I broke his toilet seat. Good Lord! I am happy to report that I now sit on any seat without worry.
    Best to you,
    Kim

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Ok, yukky confession time. I broke the seat in the guest room one day, was mortified, went into my room and broke the one in my room! And then the crack pinched my skin and I couldn't get up. It hurt so bad I won't repeat the language I used. I imagined the fire dept. having to rescue me. That was about my 20 "last straw" moment. I'd forgotten that until I read this entry.

    The memories and realizations are kind of humorous now, but it sure wasn't funny for me then...

    Good entry.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger The Catapillar said…

    I love hearing the quality of life improvement stories. I know one if mine is that I can walk and stand for longer periods of time without pain. Great job on the feet and rear thing. I will be back to read more. :)

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATS dear Melissa! way to go.. and i agree, they SHOULD put that stuff on a WLS brochure, that's definately a plus for me!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    a better quality of life is what it is ALL ABOUT!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home