Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Feeling Better

Still coughing but feeling better. Tried to go walking but could do just a short walk before I started wheezing and coughing again. It's the vog and my allergies. Vog? Volcanic smoke. The volcano on our island has been erupting continuously for quite a few years and when there are no tradewinds the gases and smoke from the volcano lingers over the island. Best to stay indoors with the air conditioner going full blast.

Weighed Myself

Pre surgery : 349.7 (12/02/05)

Today : 309 (01/03/06)

Whoooooooooooooooopee. Going to break that 300 mark real soon.

Going to have to do something with my rings, they are no longer snug, I can twirl them around my fingers.

I started pulling out my crafts, crocheted some leis to donate to my church. We like to give leis to any visitors who come. I live on Hawaiian Home Lands, something similiar to an Indian Reservation, land set aside for Native Hawaiians. Anyway the hotels are about 15 minutes down the road so the tourists who want to go to church often come to ours. Our mass is in English but we sing some songs in Hawaiian, and our church has stained glass windows of native flowers and the walls are painted murals of Hawaiian scenery. A nice place to mingle with the locals.

Anyway I have to find something to do with my time besides worrying when I need to sip, when I have to stop before I can eat, eat, then wait before I got to sip again. I have a big problem with sipping, I can't seem to have enough time to sip at least 46 oz , this has got to get better. When I forget to sip, I gulp, then I'm praying for a burp. Sip, sip, sip. Right now it seems to be my biggest problem. I just thought of something, tomorrow I am going to pull out one of my crystal wine glasses I bought when we were stationed in Germany and sip like a queen having some fine wine. Yup, that's just what I will do and see if that will help.

Hope this cough gets better, would really like to do some walking.

Melissa

2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Kim S. said…

    Melissa,
    I would stay inside and DANCE! Put on your favorite music and dance yourself silly. Celebrate your new life. If dancing isn't your thing, then march in place. It's just so important to get that "structured" exercise in your daily routine.
    Keep sipping, perhaps a straw would work better for you? If you get too much in, then try using some coffee "stir sticks". They are super skinny straws. You'll figure out what works best for you in no time at all.
    Take care,
    Kim

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Wowwwwweee! you're losing like crazy. That's awesome. I have a hard time with the water too. The first quart is easy, but it gets harder to "find time" as the day goes on. I may buy myself a watch with a timer so I remember to sip. I like the wine glass idea.

    Keep up the great work. By the way, your church sounds beautiful. Someday I'm coming to see it in person.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home