Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Went walking in the mall today. I think I better stick to Home Depot. My dear husband stood in front of Ms. Fields Cookies and I looked at this slice of double fudge brownie and actually swooned over it. My goodness, I am still human, WLS did not remove those awful tempting thoughts. I could actually taste the brownie.
Here are my stitches still fresh and barely healed and my mind going bonkers.

So what did I do. Walked away as fast as I could, telling myself that brownie was the poison that made my body fat and unhealthy. It was so scary. Came home and have been reading our WLS site and several personal blogs. Talk about needing major support. Ate some pureed turkey and cottage cheese and gave my body what is good for it. I know for sure that I can not go on this journey alone. Thank goodness for the support sent my way by those of you who know that this journey is not an easy one.

Best start getting serious with counting calories,carbs and not letting my guard down. Finding better places to exercise. Staying on track. Looking forward to wearing a nice pair of jeans. Shopping for pretty little things not Ahab the Arab tent outfits. A new healthier me.

Meliss

1 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Melissa, I noticed right away how much more keen my sense of smell is now too. Just smelling things sometimes is enough to satisfy the craving. But I can really relate to the old cravings. Sometimes I think I'd like to just take a big bite like I used to. Just to feel that sensation of having a mouth full of food one more time instead of a little nibble.

    Sunday I was reliving old traditions of having a huge breakfast in my mind. I don't want to eat a bunch of food, but the old habits come back like ghosts to visit me sometimes.

    You were right to run away! That one bite is the beginning of certain failure. And Melissa, I am sitting here typing this to you in my size 16 levis... and they're LOOSE on me.

    I weighed this morning--200 pounds! I haven't weighed that in years! But you know the sweetest part? I will NEVER WEIGH THIS MUCH AGAIN! This is just a temporary high place in my losing journey. I'm on my way to happy and HEALTHY.

    We jumped out of the plane Melissa, we did it, we jumped! And we made it. Now let's enjoy the view on the way down, not spend a bunch of time looking back, wishing for what was. That way of life is gone. Thank God!

    Thanks for the good post. You inspired me to walk today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home