Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Saturday, December 17, 2005

So nice to be home. Sleeping a whole lot better. Went to the grocery store for a little while, still get tired easily. Shopping for food is sure different, but had no yearnings for anything. I think I am still dazed by the surgery and still walking in a dream.

Find myself always looking at the stitches to make sure I really did it. I really can't believe that the surgery is over. The days of the surgery seem so unreal. The days ahead are exciting, I look forward to being a lighter person. WLS is a miracle. I try to picture myself on that operation table and find myself amazed that I actually let the surgeon do to me just as I watched on a video. We WLS people have got to be the bravest people on this earth.

Regrets? None at all. Maybe I would have lived my life a little different so that I wouldn't have had to have the surgery in the first place. But I didn't and now I have a chance to correct all the wrong things I did to myself. A second chance to live a healthier life. Thank you God for guiding my surgeons hands and giving him the knowledge to perform this surgery. Thank you God for watching over me. I feel like a new born person.

Meliss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home