Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Friday, November 11, 2005

21 days to go.

Yesterday went to the mall to walk around, it's been months since I've been to the mall, can't remember when the last time was. Bought myself a bronze bling bling purse. Buckles, gems, the works. Cute as ever. The young sales girl was helpful and I'm sure thought I can't believe this fat lady is buying that purse. Oh well. Then had my hair retouched, the blonde streaks look good.

Walked into an oriental store and spent time looking at these really cute Japanese dishes. Bought myself a tiny plate, a matching 3 ounce tea cup with a cover that when flipped over can also be used as a tiny plate. Pretty bamboo design. Wallah I have my first WLS dining set. I have this clear blue glass dessert dish that I can use as a tray and set these dishes on and have my meals. I think I have just started my collection of minature dishes.

I am having a hard time from indulging in what I shouldn't eat, but the portions are smaller and I haven't been snacking. I keep telling myself I have to be healthy for my surgery, those things will make me sick. I just keep thinking of how better my life will be after WLS. Every day is a challenge. Heh, you can do it Big Grandma, happy days are ahead of you. Happy healthy days.

I'm taking the advice of Claire and I am going to read only positive blogs and think positive constantly as Kim advises. I even bought these 2 ounce disposable plastic cups with covers and placed one by my computer and letting it sink in that this is what my new tummy will be able to handle.

Anyone named their new tummy? I think I will do that. Hmmmmmmmm. I'll come up with a new name for my tummy, she will not be just referred to as my "pouch". Hmmmmmm. A nice sexy, bling blingish kind of name, I think. A "you go girl" kind of name. A name that when she walked in the room, everyone will notice her self confidence, her flare for life, her determination to succeed. Look out world her she comes, kind of name. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Off I go to face the world today with a smile on my face and a determination to live a new healthier thinner life.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Kim S. said…

    From what you described, the perfect name for your new tummy is, "Melissa". YOU have the self confidence that everyone admires and adores when you walk into a room. It's there, as you described it in such a way that you truly KNOW what it feels like. You don't have to wait for the first pound to drop off. Be proud of who you are and start living the life that you want to live...now!

    Congratulations on your new collection of dishes. It's fun, isn't it?

    Kim Stover

     

Post a Comment

<< Home