Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Good morning Meliss. It's 30 days pre WLS. You are going to do what ever it takes to shed those 11 1/2 pounds plus a few. The goal is to be healthy for the surgery. You got to focus. Discipline yourself. It's just me and you Big Grandma.

Why am I having WLS?
Get rid of this diabetes for one. No more insulin shots. No more worrying if I going be blind, amputated or go on kidney dialysis.
No more worrying if I going to die in my sleep any day now.
No chest pains, not being able to walk, hard time breath, sore legs, back.
Tired all the time.
No energy. Depression.
Fat, shame that I am fat.
Miserably sickly fat, obese, sad always sad.

I don't like my body, in fact I hate the condition it is in.
I don't hate my body. I can't. It's the only one I have.

If I don't take care of this body. I will have nothing to live in.

Bottom line. Telling it like it is. This is not a joke. This is for real.

So do something about it girl. You did this to yourself. You can undo what you did to yourself, Meliss. You can.

I am my own worst enemy. I am eating myself to death. Got to stop destroying myself, now.

Today is the first day of my new life. Not December 2nd. Today or no December 2nd is going to happen. I have to start today.

Okay, today Meliss, Big Grandma.

I will walk away from this computer and begin my new life now.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    Hi Melissa -

    You are correct, TODAY is the first day of your new life. The kinder you treat yourself today will make such a positive difference in how well you succeed after surgery. You deserve to treat yourself with dignity. I applaud your vow to move in the right direction. We are here with you.

    Take care,
    Kaye

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger JUST JEN said…

    Hey Melissa,you got it right when you said "this is for real". Remind yourself of that every day from now until surgery. And you WILL get through all of them. Stay focused on your goal and yourself! I'll be cheering you on!

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    The line that really got to me was the one: If I don't take care of my body, I'll have nothing to live in.

    Your writing style is very powerful and your words moved me.

    I'm with you g'friend--my surgery is the 21st of November and I too am anxious to begin my new life. I'm excited for you (and me). We don't have to just lay down and die after all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home