Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Monday, December 19, 2005

Avoid Grieving For Foods

WLS Kaye advised:

"remind ourselves that these very foods we have loved and lost were not our friends. These foods were killing us. These foods caused us to be morbidly obese. Prior to surgery a morbidly obese person is dying a slow death by over consumption and malnutrition. Poor nutrition and excess weight taxed the cellular structure of the body causing illness, pain and suffering. Weight loss surgery was a last-ditch effort to save a life and restore quality to living.Say goodbye and good riddance to those poisonous foods. They are not part of your life any more and isn’t that a blessing? Isn’t that exactly what you wanted when you elected to save your life with weight loss surgery?"

Put Kaye's advise on a card so that I can glance at it 24/7. Woke up this morning with determination to make this journey easier on myself and not let that fat little devil sitting on my shoulder lead me astray. Remember those cartoons where there would be an little person with a halo, on one shoulder and a little person with horns and wicked grin, on the other, and they would be fighting each other to take over the person's mind. My psychologist should really love this one. Well, apparently my little people really went at it alot and that fat little devil won all these years. Well, that fat little devil is going to lose some weight! No more is she going to lead me down the road of destruction.

Taking some old pics of mine and taping it around this computer. I feel different. I feel lighter. No water retention in my legs. I don't want to become obsessive about things, but I keep having to look at my stitches to make sure I went through surgery. I've never been girly girly. I'm not the cheerleader type. Jeans and a t-shirt made me happy. Now I ponder on how I will dress in the near future. It's exciting. I'll be 55 years old next month and the world is at my door step. WLS opened the door, now all I need to do is step through. No not step, run through with no regrets.
Here I come world, the new me.

Meliss

3 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Kim S. said…

    I'm so happy and proud of you! You are going to adore the simplest of moments in the coming days...one the best ones was being able to reach down and wash the bottoms of my feet in the shower! I used to throw the washcloth on the floor and step on it to get my feet clean. Oh boy was that a long time ago! Relish the simple moments...
    Kim Stover

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    Congratulations on so much progress so fast! Welcome to your new life - You Have Arrived!!!

    Kaye

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Well said, Melissa. I've gotta remember this too. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home