Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Monday, March 13, 2006

Weigh in 14 weeks

Have been afraid to weigh myself as I have been grazing. Committed myself to stop so I can get me some new clothes. Weighed myself at Hawaiian Airlines cargo and was pleasantly surprised. Just imagine how much better it would be if I stopped grazing!

Surgery date 12/04/05 : 349.7 pounds
Today 03/13/06 : 286 pounds

Total weight loss : 63.7 pounds

Okay now I need to really commit myself to staying on track. I just love the new look of LWLS site. The Neighborhood forum is exciting, can't wait till we really get into exchanging thoughts. I can't do this journey alone and I need help to overcome what ever obstacles I come across. One thing for sure I do not regret having had WL surgery.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    what's lwls? i'm a regular on the obesityhelp.com alabama board, and i love the support and friendship i've found there. i'm going to a support group meeting/pot luck this weekend, and then we're having a state-wide gathering the first of april that i'm planning to attend.

    i find myself grazing as well. when i realize it i make myself sit down and eat a small meal. a cheese stick, some deli meat, leftovers from dinner. that way i get a full pouch and can't graze and i know i'm getting my protein in. the problems with grazing (especially with carby stuff) is that you can down an amazing amount of calories because your pouch never gets full it just empties and you keep going.

    (this was as much a educational thing for me, as a post for you LOL)

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    Hi Meliss! Congrats on the weight loss- - You won't need that cargo scale much longer!!! I'm so happy for you! And I'm glad you like the new improved site!

    hugs,
    Kaye

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Yeah maybe, but look how well you've done! Those are so very impressive numbers. Keep up the good work, don't let discouragement get to you. Stay focused on your goals. You're doing great!

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Melissa, I have just flound your blog. You have put into so many things into words that I haven't been able to. I think you must be looking into my soul.
    Will have to re-read all you posts and digest them thouroughly. Please, could I have your e-mail address? Mine is stitcher2020@acn.net.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home