Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fools Day

I remember back then when we used to play tricks on each other on this silly day. One thing I am glad about it is that no one can say " April Fool" to me about my being healthier and trimmer. I can truly say "I have Arrived", for a time there I was stuck in limbo. The mind can really mess you up if you don't take charge of it.

On Friday I weighed myself:

Date of surgery 12/02/05 : 349.7 pounds
03/31/06 : 281 pounds
loss : 68.7 pounds

I have lost 4 pounds this week, thanks to Holly's tip about proteins, proteins, proteins, and sipping lots of water and taking a walk every day this past week.

Also got my lab work back and my glucose A1C is 7.1, yep 7.1 my doctor can not get over how in just a few months my Type 2 diabetes has just about disappeared. From six insulin shots a day pre surgery I am now taking one low dosage shot at night, which will soon end. My cholestrol numbers is great. My blood pressure is normal as can be. Not suffering from congestive heart failure any more. Sleeping like a baby, no CSAP machine and that awful mask any more. I have not been this healthy for years.

I feel so good, inside and out.

Okay weekend, here I come.................

5 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Melissa, congratulations on your fantastic weight loss and all of the associated medical changes!!! It's so fabulous that you're almost off of the insulin! I'm so proud of you, and you should be immeasurably proud of yourself!!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on such a nice loss. I met with the nutrtionists and she told me how important the protein and water are. Stay in ketosis, she says, that way your body will be forced to burn the fat to get the glucose it needs. That's the trick, lots of protein and good protein, not fatty proteins.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    that is awesome about the diabetes disappearing... just wonderful!

    how are you feeling with the protein increase? i feel so much better when i'm upping that protein, and i don't get nearly as hungry.. congrats on that 4 pounds!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Sandi Hooper said…

    Cool Melissa! You're health is so much better now. I'm especially impressed with the improvement in the diabetes, but as a fellow CPAP user, I'm really excited that you won't have to use that crummy machine anymore. I can't wait to get off of mine.

    keep it coming Melissa. I love your good news!

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    Nope - no April Fools for you! You HAVE Arrived - - great news all the way around! I love ya gal, and thanks for playing in the Neighborhood!

    xoxox
    Kaye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home