Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Craft Fair

Have been working at a three day craft fair with my sister since Thursday. Have been having lots of fun, selling, checking out crafts. I used to be an active vendor but haven't done it almost 4 years due to being to ill. Was nice to see old craft friends. Loved the pleasant surprised looks on their face when they saw me and the compliments galore. Enjoyed sharing about WLS and how much it has turned my life around.

Life is a blast since surgery. Never thought I'ld be able to do a fair again. Looking at all the crafts I can't wait to unpack in Texas and get with it again. My husband is crazy if he thinks he can get crafting out of me. Just loved the interaction with people, the excitement of the fair. It's Merry Monarch week in Hilo. Merry Monarch is the biggest hula event in the State of Hawaii, it lasts an entire week. Hula groups from around the world come to Hilo to compete against each other. There are craft fairs all around town, people from all the islands fly in with their crafts, so there is lots to see and do. Well this super energy I have, I am able to walk all over the place and check out everything. I just love it.

Yes, there is tons of food booths everywhere. I bought some stuff to taste for old times sake and found that my taste buds have changed and I don't like them, handed it over to my sister after a nibble. I had packed my little cooler with little plastic bowls with my protein foods, my mandarin oranges so I've been doing good. All that walking checking out different vendors has kept me exercising.

Today is the last day of the fair so I'm up early getting ready. Today is our big parade so that should be fun. I am enjoying myself, socializing more than selling craft. Life is so muc easier to live now.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love craft fairs, although, I haven't been in many years. As soon as I have the surgery and the weight starts to melt away, I'm going to resume old habits and hopefully by the fall, I'll be able to attend the huge fair we have up here in these mountains. I can't wait. I also collect rocks and can't wait until I can actually sit down and dig, or hike through dried out creek beds for that perfect rock. You have me so inspired.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home