Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

19 Weeks Post Op

Last Friday the 21st was my 19th week post op. Was just too busy to wiegh in. All in all, I had a very good week. Down 4 pounds.
It was great to take a break from packing and fixing the house. The craft fair was lots o fun. With planning I was able to stop myself from indulging at all the food booths. I was just so overwhelmed with the compliments that I had more of a motivation to stick to my weight loss goals.
I did go to another funeral yesterday for a 28 year old young man. Lately there's been quite a few funerals, don't know why I have been faced with all this sadness though at each one it has been a celebration of life. I find myself looking at how precious life is. I have been reminded that each day I have on this earth is special. God must have a reason. I just keep thinking that it could have been me. I am just so thankful I have this second chance at life.
I have been doing my protein shakes twice a day, taking my vitamins and sipping water as I should. Every morning I go walking and today I went the pool and walked in the pool. Just so happy that it is warm enough to go in. I marvel over the fact that walking is not a problem any more and I still get delighted and amazed when I put on my jogging shoes by myself. It is nice to be more independent and not having to have my husband take care of simple tasks for me.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    Meliss - I love to read how well you are doing and so happy you took charge of your second chance at life. My life would not be as rich if I didn't know you.

    xoxox
    Kaye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home