Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Be Off Line For Awhile
The packers be here in a few hours and I feel like throwing my arms around my computer and not letting go. I'm going to be out in this cruel world without the support of you my cyber friends. It is awfully scary. I am so frightened to be without my life line to the Neighborhood. Imagine I have been linked to LAWLS since preop about seven months ago. I am already starting to feel lonely. I will miss everyone.
So last night I asked my husband if I could go rent a lap top or something till we get on the plane in a week. We'll see, he said. When my son picks me up at the airport he best be planning to take me straight home so I can get on his computer. Smile. That is the first thing I want to do there even before looking at the lights of Las Vegas.
This will be the first time my kids and grandkids will see me since surgery. I can't wait to see their faces when they see that Big Grandma not that big anymore! Smile. Got some way to go yet, but I am alot smaller than what I was. And I not arriving in a wheelchair, I'm going to be strutting my stuff down the gangway!
So my cyber friends who I consider my family, I will be back online as soon as I can. I will miss you all so much. Take care and God bless you all.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Call us anytime you need us, we are there for you!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Kaye Bailey said…

    Travel safely SweetMelissa! We are here in thoughts & prayers and just a phone call away.

    :wub:

     
  • At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait until you get rehooked up. See you then. Have fun on this wondeful journey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home