Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Still Living Out Of My Suitcase

There's 7 adults and 7 grandkids in my son Lani's house right now. My son Kamuela arrived a few days ago with his wife and 2 daughters from Illinois. They are on their way to San Francisco as my daughter in law who is in the Air Force was transferred to Travis AFB. Then my youngest son, arrived two days ago from Virginia, to surprise my hubby and I. My daughter who lives in Vegas has been dropping in when not working.

It is so nice to have my kids together, Lani 32, Kamaile 30, Kamuela 29 and Kapua 23 and my two daughter inlaws. My grandkids are 12,9,8,5,2,1 and 2 months old. The house is full, we sort of running into each other but it's just wonderful having them all together. Matresses on the floor, suitcases all over, toys tossed her and there, like one big sleepover.

Amazingly I have been able to cook for them and still prepare stuff for myself. I just so happy that I have the energy to run around and do things. I miss my children so much and having the grandkids together is a bonus, though the noise can be deafening at times. But I enjoying it while I can.

I have munched on some chips then quickly walked away from it. Scary that nothing happened to me. Things would be easier if I was socked across the head each time the chips passed my lips. Bad bad bad. Made myself some fruit and cottage cheese quickly. So much snacks and stuff all over the kitchen. But I am determined to keep on track so I gladly watched the grandkids eating chips and thought of what fun I have clothes shopping.

I went to Las Vegas Outlet Mall today and bought myself a pair of slip on shoes with heels. I have been wearing slippers or slip on clogs. Haven't worn any kind of heels for years, as my ankle and knees could not handle it. Well, I tried on the shoes, walked around the store in them and they felt so good and I felt so feminine and pretty. I couldn't help smiling. I was beside myself, wanted to shout "hey look at me!" Also bought two more jeans capris, size 24 (last week bought one in size 28) and two more blouses. Told myself that I best not buy any more clothes cause these be too big for me in a few weeks.

I'll be leaving for San Antonio next week Monday. I am so anxious to get to my new home and get settled in. Have to setup the doctors for my husband and myself. My daugher driving with us. We planning to make stops along Highway 10. I am so excited even if most of the ride is desert and cactus. Drove to Long Beach yesterday to pick up our van at the pier and the drive was just beautiful, though I was quite unhappy and surprised that I could not see the skys through the air pollution in California. It reminds me of the science fiction movie scenes of the end of the world. I would not want to live where you can not see the blue sky or even clean puffy white clouds.

I'm missing the blue skies of Hawaii and the feeling of a cool breeze on my face. I hope I can take a deep breath outside of my house in San Antonio without choking. This air conditioned air in Vegas, got to go. Can't fling the windows open and let breezes in. I'm starting to miss the smell of my trees and flowers. I haven't been to Vegas during the summer always came in the winter.
Got to get a grip here. I'm going to find a way to plant my piece of paradise in San Antonio. I saw some croutons and t-leaf plants at Walmart, buying them and taking them with me just in case I can't find them there.

I'm not heading back to Hawaii, okay, maybe I'm nuts for leaving in the first place but I needed a change in my life so I'm making it. I can handle this and I will. Home is wherever I can be with my hubby, and my kids don't have to swim miles to get to me. I think I'll feel better about all this once I get to my new home. It will be exciting furnishing it and cruising around the area. My hubby and I be alone till August, then end of August, my son Lani, his wife and 5 kids be staying with us, while their house is being built. So I will be busy and the house be full as I got a 3 bedroom just for me and hubby, I didn't want anything big that I would have to spend hours to clean. Just wanted somewhere to put my stuff and then travel around. Want to visit every state and Canada. Do some cruises and travel to Europe. I want to ride the Amtrack, a trolley car and a ferry and maybe a cab in New York.

No scale anywhere. Miss going to Hawaiian Airlines Cargo. Maybe I'll pick one up at Walmart tomorrow. Afraid of losing too much weight too fast. Sounds weird hah, but I don't want to get sick from not eating enough. Getting in the protein, and sipping lots of water. Checking into the Neighborhood to get my WLS fix. Lots to smile about.

Just enjoying each day of my life.



7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home