Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Saturday, June 24, 2006

28 Weeks Post Op
Time seems to be just speeding by. I'm trying to slow down a little and just relax and read a book. But so hard to do when I feel like I have so much of life to catch up on. Having this surgery later in life makes me anxious as I have missed being able to do so much all these years because of being morbidly obese and feel like I need to catch up. Six months prior to surgery and until now I have been running around getting ready to move and now trying to settle in and have not really rested after WLS. Sometimes I feel like I will just collapse from exhaustion but every morning I get up with so much energy that I can not slow down. That's why I know I have to take my vitamins, get the protein in and drink lots of liquids.
I miss weighing in at the airport cause I know the scale is checked regularly for accuracy. But purchased one as believe it or not I am afraid of losing too much weight too fast. Never had that worry before. But want to lose at a even steady pace so as not to get sick.
Date of Surgery 12/02/05 : 349.7 pounds
Today 06/25/06 : 250 pounds
Goodbye Forever: 99.7 pounds
I can not believe that I have lost all this weight plus more as I had to lose weight prior to surgery in order to have the surgery. I was once over 400 pounds, then I know I was about 382-386 in December of 2004 when I put my name on the waiting list for surgery and was told I needed to drop some weight and get better control of my health in order to have surgery. I am now doubting the scale I bought and wish I could drive down to cargo to weigh myself. But I must have lost something cause my clothes I bought a few weeks ago are all baggy.
Signed up with a Health Fitness Club, 5 minutes from my house, called Spectrum. Costly but told myself, my hubby and I was worth every penny. Even more than my hooking up to the internet. Tried walking in the Mall but I end up spending too much money there and browsing instead of exercising. I need to tone up and get into a regular routine. I want to prepare myself for those tummy tuck, and here and there fix 'em surgeries, got a year now to do what I got ton do. Spectrum has a lap pool and tons of equipment. Will walk in that pool and go on the treadmill, sometime next month I'll then sign up for the personal trainer and have an exercise program set up, want to get myself in the routine of going first. I am all excited about it. They have a room set aside for women only and I peeked in and watched the big girls, I'm going in with them, I'm still self concious about exercising in public and well I mentally feel I'm still a big girl. Well 250 pounds ain't exactly Twiggy. What I like the most is that they have this computer set up, where it takes your weight, BMI, heart rate, etc. and keeps your info so you can record your progress. I'll be able to tell if this scale of mine is worth keeping or tossing out the window.
I miss posting on LAWLS surgery. I read the posts till I get cutoff. I know I am being cheap by not connecting to the Internet. But when I no longer can stand being cut off, I will hook up. Writing this Blog is a challenge cause I have to keep saving it as a draft so when I get cut off I don't have to start from scratch. The Neighborhood means a lot to me, I am having posting withdrawals and supppaah dupppah hugs withdrawals.
I am trying to introduce new things in to my diet, cause I eat the same things every day. I don't know why I doing this cause apparently what I am doing now is working for me. I am not bored with my meals. I just feel like I missing something or something wrong with me cause I eat the same thing every day. I have no cravings for anything. I eat cause I got to eat, not because I want to. Wonder if this is okay. Next week Friday I'll be 7 months post op, wonder if this behavior of mine is normal.
Gee I best get back to the Neighborhood, talking to myself here.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home