Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

PROTEIN....SIP SIP SIP Back on the wagon. Munching on cucumbers. Thinking of how far I've come. Did so much this past 3 weeks. Had tons of energy. I could actually keep up with my 5 grandkids. My son kept saying "mama you sure you can do that?" as I went zipping around picking up after the kids, cooking, doing laundry and all those millions of things you have to do to keep up with 5 kids. I did okay when we were at the hotels and the theme parks, it was when I drove that I keep munching, to stay awake, to beat boredom, to keep unstressed from driving unfamiliar traffic. Pretzels, hard candy, pretzels, fruit, pretzels. It's 7-8 hour drive from SA to El Paso, sleep over, then 6-7 hours to Phoenix, sleep over then 4-5 hours to Vegas. Stayed in Vegas 5 days visited with my dad, sisters and brother then drove to Santa Barbara where my oldest son coached at the Michael Jordan camp, 4-5 hours. Stayed in Santa Barbara 3 days, then drove to LA, stayed two nights, visited Universal Studio. Then drove back to Vegas. Stayed with my son 8 days, then drove back to SA, stopping in Tuscon overnight, then stayed in El Paso two nights. I have to do all he driving as my hubby no longer can. I don't moind at all, but I have this need to munch when I drive. So I munched my way round trip. Actually looking forward to jumping on a scale and checking to see how much I weigh. I hope the damage is not too bad. I really walked alot in these past three weeks so hopefully I walked off all that munching I did while driving. When I drove from El Paso today I munched mostly on ice cubes........stopped every so often to fill up my cup with more ice. It helped curb the munching. I munched but not as much as I did whenever I drove these past two weeks. As I drove through the desert, I kept reflecting on my life and how it has changed for the better due to my having WLS. The scenary was so beautiful. I think I'm going to start collecting some cactus, I just never realised now many different kinds there are. Well the packers come tomorrow and I will be busy unpacking. I guess when I see my stuff, I'll truly believe that I have moved here and this is not a dream. I was getting used to living in this empty house. I can't wait to unpack my craft stuff and do some crafting. I will succeed in my life after weight loss surgery.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Nanci said…

    Meliss,

    It will be better for you once you can get settled in your new home and get back to a routine. This move has had to be very difficult.

    I'm so glad that you had a "wake up" call and realize you can't let yourself slide back into pre-WLS thinking. You've done SO well; it would be a shame to undo all your hard work.

    It's all about being healthy; isn't it? Even with only losing 55 pounds, I feel like a totally new person. The old person is gone - and I don't ever want to see her again. That person was sick and dying. The new "ME" is alive and enjoys life. That surely is the greatest reason to keep eating healthy and exercising!

    I'm keepin' you in my prayers, Meliss, and asking God to be extra nice to you during this difficult transition.

    Hang in there...

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Been wondering where you have been. Good to see you posting agoin. Beth Wiksen

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger SignGurl said…

    Wow! What an amazingly busy life you are leading.

    Hope things get back to normal for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home