Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's Icy Cold

It's been really cold all day, so cold that there are icycles hanging from the rafters and plants outside. I think it is so cool. Ran and got my camera and took pictures. Who would think it would be this icy cold in San Antonio. They say it may snow later this evening, I'm staying up just so I can check if it happens.

This is the longest I have been in my new home since moving here in June. Driving back and forth to Vegas just about every two weeks really threw our finances to the wind. Dealing with my kids issues has been the pits and I really needed to get a grip and stop running to bail them out. Having pneumonia too also made me get a a grip, and of course has made it important for me to stay put here and take care of myself.

I love my new home. Was so upset when my son did not move here with my 5 grandkids as planned. But there is a reason for everything that happens in our life and now thinking about it, it is better this way, me here and them way over there. Goodness they would be dropping everything on my shoulders and I would defintely not have any kind of life. Mama will save the day, right? Right. I am starting to count my blessings.

I want to do some traveling, some exploring. Maybe drive to Dallas or Houston when the weather gets better. Just want to do something new, something different. There are so many things I still got to go see, experience and do. So many doors to open. Life is so wonderful. Yes, even with it's ups and downs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home