Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Monday, January 15, 2007

EXERCISE
Out of the 4 Tools I need to be successful with my WLS I am having problems with Exercising. I hate Exercising. I just can't get myself to do anything but WALK, and I walk when I feel like it and if it means shopping to do it, I shop, I can shop everyday, if I shop every day I walk right? Right.
But yesterday I spent the whole day resisting the urge to go shop till I drop. Thus no exercise, except my walking around the house cause I'm restless and feel caged in. With the past two weeks I have bought a treadmill and a stationary bike. They sit gathering dust. They look good. I even went to Walmart and picked up some jogging pants, told myself I need them to go to the gym. They sitting in the closet with the tags still on them.
So I have a treadmill, a stationary bike and a gym membership. Now to use them.
I have convinced myself that anything beyond walking is unnecessary. After all I have been losing weight steadily, I feel healthy, I look good. I don't have hanging skin except on my tummy area. A little under my arms. My butt looks like a sharpei. I have been blessed with thin legs no matter if I got to 400 pounds, I always looked like an ostrich. I can stuff my loose skin in size 20 jeans and hide it, I mean size 20 jeans is a miracle in itself and they are loose so I can probably fit in 18's. I had a bra fitting done and the bra I have puts them babies where they supposed to be. I have no skin issues on my legs, ankles or thighs. Just my tummy.
Now it is probably a fact that if I did start doing other things besides walking since surgery I would have reached my goal weight already. I may have less of the hanging skin on my belly. But you know, they cuting that off anyway. I hate exercising.
So if I don't exercise what going happen? I going gain all my weight back? I going be fat again? What? I have any easier time eating what I supposed to, then I have going to exercise. I'm 56 years old, I have hated exercising for let's say 50 years of my life. When kids went out for recess, I read a book or just watched. I hated PE, it was the worst part of school for me. I came up with every excuse in the book so I wouldn't have to participate. I had my period all the time. I played my asthma out to the max. If I had to participate I was obnoxious on purpose, messed things up on purpose, I was literally defiant.
Now at 56 years of age I am going to exercise beyond walking? Yeah, right. So it's 15 days into the New Year and 3 days after my birthday and I have to deal with this issue.
Can I beat the EXERCISE MONSTER ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home