Big Grandma Not Big Any More

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

WANT TO KEEP THIS

Posted this in Neighborhood 1/15 want to keep it and see if anything changes in 6 months:

Aloha,

I am curious as to what our Neighbors will suggest. My surgerversary is just 4 days before yours. (12/02/05)I have not ever counted calories, carbs or any of that. I bought a food scale and have never used it.

I still eat off of my small Japanese dishes with a baby spoon. If it don't fit on it, I don't eat it. I think they hold about 1/2 a cup or less.

I eat 5-6 small meals a day. One or two may be just fruit. Like strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, mandarin oranges, mango or something fresh on sale, sometimes about 2 tablespoons cottage cheese with it.

I used to do protein shakes 24/7 but somewhere along the line, I have replaced them with eggs, chicken, fish or other solid proteins. I do have a shake if I am sick or out of sorts. I call it going back to basics. I don't eat protein bars, tried but don't like them.

I basically eat the same things for the past year. I sometimes will taste something from my hubby's plate when we go out but ususally I'ld end up eating a fish something and some steamed vegies. Some may call it boring but I found that I don't need variety and I don't need to experiment when I did my weight would not budge, I'ld plateau.

What I eat works for me, I am happy with what I eat, so I figure why mess with it. Yes, I don't have all that fresh fish I had in Hawaii but I have been buying frozen mahimahi, snapper, tuna, shrimp, salmon and on occasion to treat my self king crab or lobster. I tried talapia, but it's a mind thing, it's the last fish a Hawaiian will eat only when there ain't no other fish around and is starving.

Yes, I have eaten things I shouldn't have even put in my mouth, candy, chips, fruit cake and have regretted it. I get very sick when I eat ice cream, drink milk or certain cheese. Though I can tolerate cottage cheese.I have a hard time with beef so I stay away from it. I can tolerate pork which I usually slice thin and cook with vegies and tofu.

Now I know you going get all kinds of input cause we all have different ways satisfying our tummys and for some reason "one size don't fit all".What works for me may not work for anyone else. But I thought I'ld share with you what I eat and how I eat.I plan to eat like this for life. It works for me.

At the beginning the pounds just dropped off big time, must have been all that water weight, then it steadily and slowly dropped at a rate which I thought was a good way and healthy way for me. I did at times not drop a pound in a week but then it would start up again the following week, I think with women it has to do with our hormones and stuff. Anyways, if I got frustrated, I went all the way back to the basics and my weight would start dropping again.

These are my numbers.I am 5' 9 1/2 inches tall. (If I am not mistaken you are tall, too.)


One year prior to surgery I was almost 400 pounds. I had to lose weight to have the surgery.Date of surgery 12/02/05 I was 349.7 pounds

Today I am 206 pounds.Aloha forever to 143.7 pounds.

I would like to be around 170-160 pounds.Got about 36 to 46 pounds to go depending how I feel when I reach 170 and decide that there is where I want to be.

Shared my stats to show that the way I eat works for me. It may not work for anyone else.

I just need to EXERCISE.

Now I'm waiting to see what everyone else shares and maybe there will be something I can use to tweak what I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home